Calling all members and friends of Skookum Food Provisioners’ Cooperative! We’ll be holding a public meeting on Wednesday April 13 at 7:00 PM at the Community Resource Centre on Powell River to talk about our plans for 2011:
- Projects: What do our members want to see happening in 2011? The board has been hard at work on a project proposal form and procedures for going from a great idea to a workable project. We want to share that with our members and start getting everyone thinking about how we can all become project leaders.
- How projects work: We’ll discuss some of the ins & outs of projects; how we remunerate a project’s coordinator(s); and shares of the proceeds that go to benefit Skookum and the community in general.
- Ideas for new projects: The board has started to think about how we might go about bulk-food buying among our members. Another project idea is for more collective food-preservation work parties, like the tomato-canning bash we did last summer. We still talk about a community potato patch, but we need a coordinator/champion for that one.
- Getting ready for our Annual General Meeting: Our AGM will be in June again this year, and our term limits force our President (David Parkinson) and Treasurer (Sharon Deane) to step down from those offices. We’ll be looking for members interested in becoming directors, so we’ll start talking about what that involves.
- And more? We want to hear from you. If there is something you think we need to talk about a members’ meeting, please contact us.
Please note that this meeting is primarily to talk amongst our members. But of course it’s open to anyone interested in knowing what we’re all about. And we always welcome new members!