It really is worth remembering that one of Skookum’s recurring benefits to members comes through our The Abundant Pantry (TAP) Bulk Food Buying Club that runs every two months. The next deadline is Sunday, November 10 at 11:00 PM sharp. If you haven’t used it yet, you’re missing out on the benefits of gaining access to the best quality organic and conventional foods, at the lowest possible prices.
- If you are already signed up as a TAP member… move to step 2 (if not, click here)
- You shop online anytime you want (up to 11:00 PM on Sunday November 10 for this next cycle)
- Check out the existing splits offered or enter your own invitations to split an order
- Show up on Delivery Day (Thursday November 14) at the set time and location in Wildwood and pay there. Want to help at the distribution location? Ask Wendy, the program coordinator at email@example.com
Buying in bulk has many advantages, especially with the colder weather on its way…
- You save money when you buy in bulk (we have food and non-food items, plus pet food, with some local products too)
- You store more and better quality staples for the best price (which means you can often buy Organic food via The Abundant Pantry (TAP), for the cost of non-Organic at the supermarket, or less!
- You will tend to eat better, less-processed and Organic food if you have better food in storage!
- You generally reduce the need to rush off to the store (saving money, gas, time, effort, annoyance, especially in the winter when it can be an extra chore)
- You generally reduce the amount of packaging when you buy in bulk (it depends on what you’re buying, but generally the larger the quantity, the less packaging and the more recyclable the packaging is)
- You get to contribute a little bit to Skookum (a very small fraction of your bill is to help pay for the coordination and rental of space)
- More importantly, get to know your fellow members; it’s all part of building a resilient community that will benefit us all
- …and if you’re worried about having too much of a good thing (i.e. overbuying some products) do we have splits for you! It’s our program’s Splits Page, and it doesn’t end there, you can also use our Skookum members email list (just email members(at)skookumfood(dot)ca) or our Facebook page and let them know you have food to share, either before you buy or afterwards. You can set up arrangements between yourselves.
- It happens every two months, with the next order being November 10, so start browsing and check out the 1,500+ products available to you.
All the details are at The Abundant Pantry site. Any questions at all? Contact the development team at firstname.lastname@example.org.